Pages

Friday, July 10, 2009

Coffee...

Coffee is my life... coffee is my blood type... coffee is very important to me. Of course if you know anything at all about me, you know how true this is. I love coffee. So many "good" things in my life have to be limited or eliminated. Coffee is my friend....

This is my coffee maker... it has been a faithful, loyal coffee maker for many years.

But...... today DH and I were garage saleing and I found a Keurig coffee maker. I picked it up, I fondled it, the owner of the garage sale quoted me a price.... it was really too much. I asked if I could plug it in as the display looked "cloudy". She agreed. The display looked just fine... it was really too much money... for a garage sale.

DH, who does not drink coffee, asked me what's up with the coffee maker? I explained that THIS Keurig coffee maker has excellent reviews, makes the most awesome coffee and I had decided to ask for one for Christmas this year... he said "oh." ??? I told him that this coffee maker is awfully expensive, but I really would like one, and I could save a lot of money buying the yard sale one... he said "oh." hmmmm. We left the Keurig coffee maker behind.

DH had to go to Medford to do some work this afternoon. Medford is twice as big as Grants Pass, where we live, and has awesome shopping opportunities. I get down there about once a month...

Following dinner DH disappears and then reappears with this......

WOOHOO! Did you hear me, WOOHOO!!! No way? Really? You bought this for me? Oh my gosh I cannot believe it....!!!! Good-bye old coffee maker, friend, loyal brewer of my favorite beverage... hello Keurig!!!

I cannot wait for tomorrow morning.... my first cup o Joe....
DH has declared this a "belated" Mother's Day gift. I think it's love..... he didn't want me to have the "used" coffee maker... he thought I deserved a new one all for me.
I'll let you know about that first cup tomorrow morning....

I think he loves me, really, really loves me.... {sigh} :)

2 comments:

Maricar said...

Texa,
I'm jealous. I was just telling DH that I needed a single serving style coffee pot to keep in my classroom (because like you, coffee is my lifeline). He suggested getting a Keurig. Oh me, oh my. "Do you know how expensive those are?" I ask. "You should get one," was his response. Maybe you have inspired me to head to Kohls and get one! :)

For now, though, let me live vicariously through you. HOW WAS THAT FIRST CUP OF COFFEE?

Gloria said...

Teza, what a great "love" story!
Can't wait to hear about your morning coffee.